PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Winter Flying: New PPL/What aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2016, 11:28
Maulkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi jjoe,

Congrats on the printed out bit of A4

As others have said, there's a whole load of things you can do. I've also recently passed (~80h total now), and so have been in a similar situation recently

It all depends on what you want to do. I started my aerobatics/tailwheel rating, and also want to get my IR(R) rating at some point. If you're after some general improvements, then I'd recommend a couple of things:
  1. Pop along to a GASCO safety evening. It's really interesting, and you get a copy of Clear Skies, which is a book about "I just got my PPL, what the hell can I do now?". It also counts for AOPA wings credits - another useful thing to use as a checklist of things to do
  2. Have a look at Advanced PPL: post-PPL course . Even if you can't make it to Andrewsfield, it's perhaps a useful syllabus that an instructor could help with
  3. Look at what ratings you're interested in. I did night as part of my PPL, because I didn't want to get caught with 30 mins before sunset, and 20 mins away from the airfield. Similarly, I want to do my IMC, because I don't want to get stuck somewhere in the air, with lowering conditions all round. I'm doing my aerobatics because I had a trail lesson and was simply hooked! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9dxxE-ooWw if you're interested)