PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAC Express recruiting
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2003, 07:12
The Potter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm speaking from absolute first hand experience, Tosh. They are a truly dreadful airline, they think nothing of you as an employee or your life outside of work. If you are BHX or EDI based you'll be clocking up a staggering 200-250 hours per year if you are lucky. You fly at night with no wx radar & usually no autopilot (F27). They make promises that they frequently break to the point of downright lying: & the thing that I hate the most is that they overcharge guys like yourself for next to useless type ratings. BAC have leeched off the pilot shortage & preyed on those at the bottom of the career food chain.

I am now fortunate enough to work for a much larger passenger airline &, yes, because of my time at BAC I was able to get onto the next rung of the ladder, so to speak, but there are two major differences. 1) I did not cough up any cash for a type rating from them &, 2) times were different a couple of years back & there were more pilot jobs out there to move on to with minimal turboprop time.

As I said: if BAC is your first commercial job then fair enough, you have to take what you are given, unfortunately, but I say again: DO NOT GIVE THIS OUTFIT ANY OF YOUE HARD EARNED!!!