PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2015, 17:26
Andy_S

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by robbie1973
The nearest hotel is the Holiday Inn Express which is a 5 min work to the terminal building. I don't believe any hotels offer shuttle buses to the terminal. I recently stayed at Luton Hoo and I believe they offer a transfer service for a charge but you might want to check first.
If you get a hotel and off-site parking deal (generally with Airparks I believe) you drive to the car park who WILL offer a complimentary shuttle to the airport. The on-site hotels are actually several hundred yards distant from the terminal, along busy roads.

I have to say I'm surprised at some of the negativity (and I'm not from Luton). For heavens sake, it's an airport, not a holiday camp. It's there to do a job, and it does so reasonably well. You're only going to be there for a few hours - is that really so unbearable? I've only used LTN a couple of times in the last few years, and it's worked well enough for me. The external construction works were no more than a minor inconvenience, the departures hall functional but not unpleasant, and arrivals was tired looking but quick to pass through. (By contrast, my destination when I passed through Luton in November was Paphos Airport, which really was dreadful.........)