PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contract Compliance over HKPA
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2015, 00:55
catpac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trafalgar, thanks for your message. I'm not saying we throw in the towel and give up the fight. I'm saying this offer for HKPA should be given serious consideration as it is in some cases a 40% increase over the current setup. I truly feel that the management won't cave in and come back with a cent more. And that's exactly what they say as well.

This can of worms has been opened 6 or 7 years ago, the Union should have then gone into CC for offering such rock bottom benefits and also implement a recruitment ban...it's too late now, they're lining up in their thousands to come and fly a brand new 777 in the new livery

Also, we are not cancelling thousands of flights, yes a few here and there but it's not as dramatic as you say.
Rest assured we're making good money, load factors are high, cargo demand is okay-ish, recruitment targets are being met, the airline is just fine. If it wasn't for the fuel hedge mistake, and Paris fine, our profits would be close to the magic 8% return and we could be close to the profit share, but it's not to be for this year.

Happy new year!