PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2015, 23:47
Luke_Stern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, you guys are great. Thanks to everyone for providing so much info.

In the meantime my 2nd post from Dec 28th has been approved by moderators and is now visible. To reiterate, my motive for roster question is further education.

About FO TRI: I take it it's a viable option then. But at LHR. And at least 3 to 5 years after joining ... That's all I need to know.

Onto roster:
@Stocious: The "Monday&Thursday off" was one example. You've mentioned the "need for two consecutive days in eight". I don't yet know the ins and outs of the LGW bidding system, so I understand this as "necessary 2 consecutive days off in 8 days time frame" rule. W/o annoying anyone w/ university timetables & attendance, let me say the 2 consecutive workdays off would also work for me ... Hence for example: one year from October till June I would gladly bid for Mondays&Tuesdays off and other 5 days on; and next year bid Thursdays&Fridays off and other 5 days on, etc. ... (1.) Would I stand better chances winning such a bid than previous example "Monday&Thursday off" ? ... (2.) Generally speaking, how junior/senior does a LGW cadet/FO have to be to successfully bid any above described 'workdays off' rosters? - Already 1st year or 2, 3 or more years after joining BA?
@bex88: We'll always find sth. to b!tch about. But for now I'm really glad to know BA considers education as a favorable circumstance and are receptive to requests for bids/trades/swaps. One more reason I like BA.

Thanks for all the help!

P.S.: Hopefully, this post 'goes through' sooner than previous one.

Last edited by Luke_Stern; 30th Dec 2015 at 08:27. Reason: Added one relevant question. Also, fixed missspellinng.