PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 29th Dec 2015, 04:13
Droste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kiyane; 27th Dec 2015 23:05
Greetings neighbor Singaporeans. Very new to this forum and happened to stumble upon this thread.

I got a lot to ask but for now I'm just gonna make it quick and simple.

What are the odds currently for a person to be a pilot via the self funded route? I have a very very vague plan for now (gotta start some where, I guess)

Right now, I just graduated with a degree in science and I plan to work for 5 years as a way to build up my resume/CV and save up money for flying school. So, I'll be 30 when the time comes but would it be too late by then??
Originally Posted by kiyane; 27th Dec 2015 23:09
oh, one more thing. Say I found a way to build my flight hours till 1000, would that significantly increase my acceptance rate by the airline companies?
Dear kiyane,

I read your two posts very carefully. Looks like you are a Malaysian! If you are a Singaporean, the answer will be totally different from I am going to write.

For Malaysian Citizens getting into their local aviation industry (piloting career) is so much better than Singaporeans, Hong Kees and etc.

My advice (in your case as a Malaysian), the prospectus in getting piloting employment in Malaysia is so much better Singapore. In particularly, piloting jobs (including to ab-inito and/or 2FO) in Malaysia are strictly reserved for Malaysian Citizens only.

For your case only (based on what you've written), even if you do not have 1000hours, but with a MDCA Airman license, you will still stand a chance to be employed in any of your local air operators.