PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHINOOK SUPPORT TO FLOOD VICTIMS
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2015, 17:34
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watching it from afar, online and the like, I thought the national response looks a bit of a shambles. Almost overwhelming, in fact. Granted its a holiday period and its Winter and its Britain. But it looks an utter shambles.
One gets the impression the poor Army are getting their PPE bit by bit. First of all they were simply in combat uniform and getting very wet up to their armpits. Then they eventually got some sort of waders or wellies (some of them).Then they got hi-viz jackets. Lately 9today in fact) they've been wearing what looks like maritime issue rigid life-jackets (for meeting the PM in)?
It doesn't look good. We should seriously reflect on where we keep getting things so badly wrong. This weather started like over a week ago?
Maybe 1 x Chinook flying into a flooded UK suburb and dropping something off is regarded as a success in itself these days? I feel for the young soldiers involved, I really do. They must be beginning to wonder what they are taking part in? The biggest cluster-**** for many years? I'm not trying to be cruel, just observing as I see it.