PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency helicopter on standby
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2015, 10:16
26500lbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok who is the fare paying pax? Is money being paid for the purpose of the flight?
If it's all provided FOC by the company, for it's own employees only, how can that be a commercial operation with respect to the flight?
The pax I fly everyday dont pay for it themselves either, their employer does. I am only taking them to and from work. Its provided FOC by their company. Commercial operation does not just mean the pax are paying for the seats themselves. It is for a commercial purpose. I would suggest money is being paid for the purpose of the flight, if only in running costs. I doubt the pilot is gonna pay all the maintenance and administrative costs, fuel, spares and technical support. How do your really think and insurance company is going to view this if it goes wrong? A helicopter is sourced and moved to a location for the specific role of transporting the companies personnel in case of an accident. The passenger/patient is being paid by the company and they task the helicopter to transport him. They have paid for the helicopter and just because they are not paying the pilot directly, they are still paying him for other work he does for them. You dont think they will view this as a commercial operation?