PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cityjet
Thread: Cityjet
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2015, 09:08
WHBM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by El Bunto
It isn't just timing that's a problem for the C-Series, also leasing rates; more than an A320CEO say the rumours. The big leasing companies are pricing-in program risk and aiming to cover their investment quicker than normal.
Certainly in the past manufacturers have had to give guarantees to leasing companies on long term residual values. I believe Shorts had to do this on the SD330/360, which when they did have a financial fall in value quicker than anticipated lead to some financial payment by the UK government, which had backed the Northern Ireland-produced aircraft.

Also Cityjet have probably had enough of geared turbofans for the time being...
Well Cityjet have worked through two complete generations of the aircraft. Although aware of the apocryphal reputation of the engine, personally, I've never had any significant delay on any of many Cityjet flights I've taken, almost since they started operation in the 1990s, which is a sight more than I can say over time for the large Canadian-built propeller aircraft which now competes with them out of LCY to some points. If I see an aircraft that's been towed over to the weed patch at the west end of the LCY ramp awaiting engineers and parts, guess which predominates nowadays ...