PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency helicopter on standby
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2015, 23:15
26500lbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear Wageslave...why bother with licensing at all? For gods sake....if he is carrying a patient, who is working for a commercial operation, the same comercial operation he is working for and being paid for, and this helicopter is tasked to the commercial operation for the sole task of emergency evacuation, how can this not be classified as a commercial tasking operation?
There is a bloody good reason we have CAA’s and regulation and one of the main reasons is to prevent daft ideas surfacing that will be more of a danger than a safety precaution.
This is in every way a commercial operation and as such requires authorisation from the relevant authority. They will require a number of details including training details of the pilot intending to fly on their territory, details of how the aircraft is intended to be used and what procedures said company has in place including risk analysis as well as if the aircraft is suitable for the intended tasking. The local CAA is responsible for ensuring safe practises in their territory and will be taking their own risk assessment as to how safe it is to have an aircraft operating in desert and flying to their hospitals. The implications of an accident on their ground and the resources they require to deal with such an incident will come into play. Exactly why they will want to see and OMA and AOC. Your comparison with police is ridiculous and whilst maybe possible to fly in the US with a PPLH it is not in europe and i have no idea what the regulations are in Morocco but they have a number of agreements with EASA so I would be surprised if it is very different. Additionally the police have an AOC and are approved by the CAA to operate in this fashion having provided evidence of capability and training.
Again bottom line - this is a commercial operation. Check again the privileges of an EASA PPLH (I assume as he is from Ireland it is EASA) and ask yourself honestly if you think they allow this. It is direct tasking whilst at work. It is not the same as driving a truck for all sorts of reasons, not least of which because like it or not there is legislation that says it is not.