PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reckless flying charge for pilot who ditched ultra-light plane in Bass Strait
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 09:48
Square Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite now five pages on this thread, I am none the wiser as to what this poor sod did (if anything) that warrants a charge of recklessness.
Certain states of Australia have an offence of Careless driving...essentially driving without due care, ...without the care and attention that a reasonable person would...wording does differ throughout the various states.

It tends to be a catchall when there is no specific offence that covers the situation, like eating your chips with one hand, the burger with the other and steering the car with your knees.

Well, that is a bit of an extreme example but hopefully you get my drift.

Perhaps this offence of Reckless Flying is similar?

However, this thread is a thread, if you thought you would find the nuts and bolts of what occurred, you are probably looking in the wrong place. The Prosecution (CASA) are not about to outline their case here, nor would the Defence outline their stance.

To state the obvious...this is just a rumour network...

I guess you may have to be a touch patient and wait for the ACTUAL court case.

From then, all can discuss the rights and wrongs of both the case, and whatever the court decision is, but with at least with information from a factual source.