PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Degradation of will to learn how to fly
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 09:45
jjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Chicken-......'

Ooh, we had a printout of this thread on the table upon review and were amazed how far people tend to blame us without even knowing an itzy bit of background facts. I took my consequences now and retired from teaching. I am too old to deal with this part of the new generation, feeling there are too many illcompromised, and leave teaching to people with a different temper.
Oh you poor thing!

You tried to prepare him for a test 'without even knowing an itzy bit of background facts'!

Genghis wrote:
Is this thread a portal into some strange alternate reality, possibly one being authored by an aeronautical David Nobbs?

A school which accepted a pilot as a professional pilot apprentice, gets them to 45 hours without a basic grasp of flying norms, has an instructor so emotionally affected by one bad hour with a student that he refuses to fly for the rest of the day then retires because of it, not to mention a school which takes an anonymous internet thread as part of the decision making process in terminating a student - who didn't contribute to the thread.

Either this is a work of surrealist fiction, or the school needs shutting down quickly before it does any more damage.
Hear, Hear!
JJOE