PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 21st Dec 2015, 08:50
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
Beyond 2017, we need to keep making noises about how the next generation of civilian SAR Technical Crew are trained. Should this be a licensed aviation trade?
I think you'll find this has already been raised by a CAA ops inspector.

Jim - all the new kit in the world won't make for a good SAR service if the people aren't well trained and maintain high levels of competency rather than bare-bones currency.

You still don't get the fact that I do want it to be a success, but I want it to be a real success not a smoke and mirrors PR exercise to showcase the MCA and Bristow so they can sell their new SAR model across the world.

Zic, If I am the only thing civvy operators can think of to ask you about on a job interview, it really doesn't say much for them does it? If knowing me is detrimental to your career prospects then just don't tell them - it's no skin off my nose. There is a big fat file on my desk (my old 5000) that has pages of complimentary stuff about my contribution to flying training and SAR over the years, written by people I respect - perhaps if your future employers want to know the real crab@ they could stop believing what they read on here for starters.

I'm not tarnishing anyone else's reputation - you stand on your own 2 feet and if you are not brave enough to put your head above the parapet when you know something isn't right then that isn't my problem.

Last edited by [email protected]; 21st Dec 2015 at 11:29.