PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reckless flying charge for pilot who ditched ultra-light plane in Bass Strait
Old 20th Dec 2015, 00:56
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car Ramrod,
( A Freudian examination of that name would be intersting, no??)

Clearly, your comprehensive ignorance of aviation law includes ignorance of the fact that many minor matters involving automobiles and many other things in life are civil matters or, as somebody else said, minor misdemeanors.

In aviation, everything is a criminal offense, and the prescriptive detail in aviation legislation is such that it is impossible to not commit offenses, to the degree that it is likely that you will commit an offense against one regulation, to comply with another.

As Brinsmead QC remarked in the "Lane" Report, the nature of complex, contradictory and prescriptive aviation law in Australia creates "inadvertent criminals". And that was long before the complexity of the current aviation law.

As it stands, if you have ever held an aviation license, even not "committing aviation" doesn't mean you will not commit an inadvertent offense.

As I hope I have made clear, I believe that what is being done to this young chap is an abuse of the criminal justice system, and a lot of people agree with me.

Tootle pip!!