PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Degradation of will to learn how to fly
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2015, 12:10
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJOE

If he had been placed with a number of instructors and they all agree that the guy has some sort of personality disorder then of course he should be asked to leave.
My sole point that picking out a type A personality who maybe a bit cocky or arrogant is not always a bad trait and can be a good thing if channelled in the right way.

Obviously wealthy and successful businessmen don't always become good pilots yet have the money to buy high performance, sophisticated aircraft where some may rely on that sophistication to cover up lack of their abilities.

i quote the Cirrus where very few chute pulls appear to have been needed chute pulls had the pilots been competent at flying in the conditions they flew in and actually had the ability to fly the aircraft.

Maybe they would have been better sticking to 172s and building solid experience first. VFR or IFR
You will always get rogue students but I too am amazed that some of these pilots have built up 45 hours plus without anyone telling them they were wasting their money and time and in those cases the schools must be at fault too.
Those rogue students or pilots can be any personality type

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 18th Dec 2015 at 12:27.