PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reckless flying charge for pilot who ditched ultra-light plane in Bass Strait
Old 18th Dec 2015, 08:32
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something like this won't preclude him from travelling anywhere. What a stupid thing to say.
Peterwhatever,
I suggest you acquaint (just for starters) yourself with entry conditions to the US. A charge under an aviation statute (not even a conviction) will bar you from entry.

Check your facts before you decide who or what is stupid.

Indeed, such is the interchange of information in this day and age, US Dept. of Justice and Homeland Security have extensive records of Australian courts proceedings. Ain't computer data matching wonderful.

Just one example, old mate of mine had a run-in with CASA over a maintenance issue, resulting in a conviction and a fine.

He found out what that meant when he tried to take his young family to Disneyland --- He was turned around at KLAX and on the next QF home.

A number of Australian pilots have had their careers seriously hit, because they cannot enter the US to do such as a Flight Safety course.

Doesn't even have to be an aviation matter ( although aviation matters are treated very harshly), a drink driving conviction can bar you from both the US and Canada.

No secret about any of this, so no reason for your ignorance.

Tootle pip!!

PS: As I understand this matter, it is already set for trial in the Supreme Court. A little beyond "tea and bikkies" with CASA

Last edited by LeadSled; 18th Dec 2015 at 08:37. Reason: PS added