PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Degradation of will to learn how to fly
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2015, 00:15
jjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

As an instructor you have to part company with a student who you know is not cut out for flying. And you have to be very blunt with them about why you are doing so. Don't be nice and try to cover up what you see as the problem (but of course keep it polite and professional).
Name one school/business that will congratulate an instructor for telling a paying student (maybe useless, maybe effed about by previous school/instructor/etc but keen and still wanting to pay) to take up fishing instead...... get my drift?

You may say 'change school' and all that- how many times can you do that and get 'they're s**t , we're better, you're great really...... you just need to spend some more money with us....! Oh we'll have to do all that again!

How many shows in town or near town?

(This can't have passed all these seasoned forumites by?)

There is a huge gulf between a 'body' -military, or otherwise, whose aim is to teach/train to a required level in a cost-effective way and 'the also-rans' ie 'The Rest'

I've done both;Poor experience of the latter?- you betcha.
I know I'm not unique.

But surely a school has a reputation etc!- Unfortunately the numbers of people (students etc) involved are so few that that mechanism is redundant.

Having said all that, it still gets done somehow! Go figure.

No names, no pack-drill. The rest is delusion.

Hard-hat on.

Hope to post more positive stuff when that's out my system.

Last edited by jjoe; 18th Dec 2015 at 08:38. Reason: Word omission