PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill - An accident waiting to happen?
Old 8th Jul 2003, 04:09
Big Hilly

Peoples' Champion!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just because you could not follow what was going on dont assume the ATCO couldnt. But then you are a pilot and I forgive you .OUT
Oh dear, now we've resorted to name calling. I am a pilot so can 'Rise above it'.

It would literally be a full time job just answering the phone
Hey, call me crazy, but why not make it a 'full time job' by recruiting an extra controller or two and making the whole operation safer for all???

wizpigbig you obviously work at Biggin - so maybe you can tell me from the Watch Log what time exactly 134.8 was shut down on that busy Saturday afternoon?

ONCE AGAIN I'm just concerned with safety. As a pilot I can just about manage to read and write and tie my own shoe-laces etc etc. . . . and can even just about manage to keep up with the hectic R/T of Biggin.

I really don't want to turn this into yet another controller/pilot battle as I have no battle with the Fine ATCO's of Biggin.

Anyway, Sod it. I've obviously wasted my time trying to gleen some sensible info and get some answers off the record. Maybe I should have just filed a MOR or CHIRP report, written to the CAA or even turned a blind eye and waited for something awful to happen?

I have been civil and polite throughout all of this - perhaps you could show me the same courtesy?

BH "OUT"!