PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 14th Dec 2015, 19:42
[email protected]

Received 637 Likes on 278 Posts
Lies, damn lies and statistics Jim but if that floats your boat then fine - it doesn't tell you much apart from what jobs were completed.

You seem to believe the RIPS is the be all and end all but it only sheds ice from the rotor, any ice on the airframe will continue to accrete and that has often been the most dangerous as it adds massively to the AUM and you simply run out of power. A simple up and over in winter won't be that simple and if the job is overland, you still have to get down using ATC or a coastal letdown. And remember 139 and 189 don't have that.

There was a very free flow of information between the milsar flights and the ARCCK and comments and feedback were encouraged by both sides to improve the service - whether or not the same Form R system is implemented by the new service I don't know.

Because there was no incentive to keep information from outside agencies because none of it was commercially sensitive (being off-state for example) there was no need for fudging stats or obfuscation with the RCS.

Despite your optimism, I keep hearing negative reports about many aspects of the new service which I do balance against the fact that they are still rescuing people.