PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 14th Dec 2015, 17:30
jimf671

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by TorqueOfTheDevil
Just how fast could the Inverness or Lydd aircraft fly if en route to an incident in Humberside's patch?
Inverness? Modern world response from Prestwick, Lydd or Caernarfon. (West coast aircraft with deicing up over the top and let-down over the sea.)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
The only arbiter of relative success at the moment is the ARCCK but even that will disappear once it moves to MCA control.

ARCCK of course will not be allowed to comment but rumours abound about quality of service.

When the MCA are marking their own homework there will be little flow of information other than statistical breakdown of callouts.
I hear you Crab. But the RAF were marking their own card previously and before 1979 there was no Fleet Air Arm connection whatsoever and before 2010 there was no MCA connection. No matter how well-informed you might regard yourself and former colleagues, only subtle back-room links were available to many involved parties. In spite of my own links, in relation to one important incident in the military SAR helicopter world I received reports through an aviator from another country.

MCA Aviation have started their new publicly available reporting system and I applaud that move.
https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...september-2015
https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...icopter-sarh01
Even without that new source we know that the contractor is doing a sh1t load of jobs with some bases exceed the previous military numbers. Sorry mate, but the question that might have to be asked is what were the military doing that prevented tasks. The age and capability of the aircraft has to be questioned. That stretches back some years and stretches forward to next year in respect of 1564.

With respect to MCA Aviation at ARCC Fareham, I hope those here who have continued involvement will keep asking searching questions and keep up positive engagement so that we will see a 21st century approach to an important public service with the Open Government principle fully engaged.

Last edited by jimf671; 14th Dec 2015 at 17:43.