PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2015, 09:47
RHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to echo some previous posters, everything in aviation is hearsay and conjecture along with the notorious Galley FM. My last outfit was apparently about to become an outpost of Virgin, never happened. While I am sure our new CEO will have some new ideas, and i'm sure some will be unpopular, until it happens I will not speculate or allow myself to become worried.

At the end of the day, I am enjoying every single second of working at BA. Yes, they demand very high standards, but that's fantastic. The skippers I go to work with are invariably good guys, with lots of experience. I can honesty say that I haven't flown with one I have disliked yet, I am not stupid enough to think this will go on forever, but this is my finding so far.

My salary and over all package has increased significantly. Even on the "terrible" SH. I have more days off, and am less fatigued by a significant margin than previous. Yes, living in the South is not for everyone, and yes I will potentially be waiting 17/18 years for a LH command. That's fine. I am young, I am more than happy to explore the various opportunities available to me before then. I know where my priorities lie, what I want, and I weighed up the benefits/negatives. It's a personal decision. Being based in Liverpool with an early command at Easy is great for some people, no better, no less. The fact remains, this was the right decision for me, and I am truly loving every second.

Regards Seniority, I am just starting to get lines I want, and I am significantly up the seniority list already, this with less than 12 months in the company.