PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Qatar Wings
Thread: CTC Qatar Wings
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2015, 00:25
devvo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all...

Just thought I'd get in on this chat

I recently got my start date for my CTC Qatar MPL course, unfortunately have to wait a bit until next year but hey ho. Plenty of paperwork to do in the meantime!

I wanted to answer to whoever it was above (I think it was ShotOne..?) asking whether those who are taking the CTC Qatar MPL Course have considered all the pitfalls etc...?

I can tell you as one of those taking this course that I have indeed. I have researched the company SO much in the past few months that my government are probably watching me right now wondering "what's this guy up to!?" I have read my fair share of good reviews and bad reviews, I will even go as far as saying some terrible ones BUT, I have also had the opportunity to speak to QA pilots who of course live in Doha. I'll admit, they worked for another airline before QA so they had experience that I won't have when I join, but they were very happy with their lives and I say this very honestly. They were both mid/long haul (OK, maybe short haul is not so good?) but they had a happy family life and they enjoyed Doha as a city and the culture they said is becoming more accepting, although us westerners may still find it very strict! However I am one for adapting to the culture I live in...quite frankly, it is their land, not mine. If people come to work in my country that's great, but I would FULLY 100% expect them to abide by OUR laws here. I would therefore reciprocate in the same manner.

So as for living in QA and working for the airline, I assure you I have pondered many nights over it all and I am still quite willing to do it! My BIGGEST concern is something I read recently that CTC QATAR MPL cadets who joined within the last few years have arrived in Doha after their CTC training only to find that they don't get to fly for god knows how long (sometimes up to a year!?!?!?). This is my single greatest worry and I am doing everything I can to get information on this. Even though the post I read was from 2013, there has been nothing recently to suggest the situation has improved, and as I would have a pretty hefty loan to start repaying, it would be nice to know in advance what the state of play will be like before going over there. I really hope it has improved because, to be honest, I have flying in my blood and I just want to be in the air.