PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2015, 13:14
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well at the end of October I could see a major problem with the redevelopment so I sent the airport the following message.

Has anyone from the airport got their tape measures out and measured the spacing between some of the nose in bus bays being built? Minimum spacing should be 2m except some are not. Some of those bays look unusable for wheelchair uses because of the width of the pavement and don't appear to conform to minimum standards for boarding buses and coaches.
I got a reply to say they would pass the info on to the appropriate people.

Today National Express, Greenline and Aviva descended on the new bus station together with Luton Council with a fleet of coaches so they could try out the bays.

Lets just say it didn't go too well. The tape measures were out and everyone was taking photos. I find it somewhat staggering that little old me could see what was going to happen yet the builders and the airport did not see the issue before it bit them. So the question is what are they going to do about it apart from ripping it all up and starting again? What are the implications for the rest of the project as the terminal infill can't start until the existing bus station is moved.

Last edited by LTNman; 11th Dec 2015 at 15:21.