PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2015, 18:31
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLUE AIR - LTN-LCA

Interesting and good news for the airport...

Not the kind of route I was expecting from Blue Air, will be interesting to see how this and their other new route for next summer to Turin play out.

I hardly ever see any Blue Air advertising here in the UK, and unlike the airlines other routes to Romania, this route is not going to be as much a route they can rely on being used by people working here in the UK and going back home... Instead it will be relying on British tourists and large Greek-Cypriot community of North London.

But they need to be aware of the route and airline in the first instance!

They will also be going head to head with Monarch which operates four times a week, they have quite a loyal customer following, so doubt many of them will be switching to Blue Air.

It must however be a bit of a blow for old Monarch, as it is yet another route where they are having to compete with on their home soil, instead of being the only carrier!

BTW, Blue Air have some very competitive pricing on the route, with fares for around £50 return, once you have included their crazy compulsory £14 credit card fee, which I thought was now no longer allowed!