PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2015, 09:27
spiitfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, sorry, I'm not Wizz employee. But sure, I can't prove it to you, so believe whatever you want. But you might be of Ryanair and you might be here for demoralize future Wizz pilots. No, sorry bad joke.
I'm not saying that this is the best deal in the aviation world, but for some of us it's a great opportunity.
Please Syntax Error let me know better how life is in Easter Europe since I was living, working here for decades right now. Renting or buying a place is much more cheap, food is a lot cheaper, going out is very much cheaper. But as you said, and you're right in that, that some costs (cars, television, etc) are the same and it's easier to work for it in the west. And also if you want to go to a holiday to the west, it's very expansive for us. In this point you are absolutely right. But I for example don't want to leave my country, my family if it's possible. I know that in aviation world that's a silly thing, but with Wizz it's possible to work at your home base (not at the start, a bit later).
And of course you are not forced to stay forever with Wizz. For me the best future dream is to get a position as a captain in one of the home bases in Hungary, than work here until I can. But others can go. Fresh pilots usually go to China, Indonesia, etc to get their hours and then apply for a big airliner in Europe. Why is Wizz Air so bad then? You work there for some years and then go back to the UK and became a captain at British Airways. Or the same for an Easter European. With 5-6-7000 hours of flight he can go wherever he wants. And in that time he will be at his home, or in your case just for 3 hours of your home.
But I still don't want to leave. I want to get back to my city which has a base, in 6-7-8 years I pay back my debts, I will build a house, raise kids, and have a happy life with a dream job. Sorry I know that this bothers you because you are in a very different opinion, but this is how I see my future. I can do this with Wizz, and maybe I can't do it without.