PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2015, 20:14
spiitfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I am a Hungarian, who made it to the cadet program. And I think it's a great opportunity for us despite it's costs. Yes, it's a lot of money, especially here in Eastern Europe, where an ordinary people earns this amount in 30 years. It's quite different than life in the UK or anywhere in Western Europe. If you have a really great position, you can earn 700-900€ a month, not more.
For us that 1600+900€ a month is more than a lot, and you can't reach that salary only if you are a CEO of a huge company, politician, sportsman, etc.
Us, in our twenties have nothing. We live well, in great conditions, just as you, but we don't own our apartments, can't save adequate amount, can't afford a car, can't afford holidays, and it doesn't give us real safety.
But our parents have it. If they studied something useful in the communist era, now they have a safe job, a better salary, properties and safety. They are not rich, but they live a normal life without distress. So they can't afford a normal pilot training, but they can help with some money and a mortgage to their house, to make our future brighter and make our dreams come true.
Because if we pay back the 1600€ salary per month, we can live in the 900-1000€ sector pay very well in Eastern Europe. And remember, this is our home. It's not as bad as you imagine at all, it's not the third world, just some countries which had a serious communist mark, which didn't make a good history. I lived in Spain for 7 years and it's not worse, it's different. Okay, there are better and less good places. But Budapest, or Gdansk are beautiful base cities.
We can go to a normal flight school where we pay 50.000€ for the ATPL, then another 16.000 for your hours to complete 300, and then another 20.000€ for the type rating (+accommodation and stuff). It's cheaper, but almost the same, and there's no job guarantee. And you have to pay it also from a loan, because ordinary people don't have that money on their bank account. And if you don't get a pilot job as soon as possible, you can't do anything else because you have won't be able to pay back your loans. You can't go for a different job until you get a pilot position because at that time the bank takes your house.
This is why this option, despite it's higher cost, it's a better opportunity for us. Maybe not for you, but maybe this wasn't announced for people from Western Europe.
And yes, it will be hard to find the money in one month, it's a huge amount, but in 7 years I will be able to earn six times the average Hungarian salary. And I will do what I love, in an absolutely not bad roster. So it's sounds like a dream for me, sorry.