PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2015, 07:37
peacekeeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went through the recruitment process last year. BA opened a few different applications; first it was 320 only, then 330/340 guys who would be willing to do the short course to convert onto the 320 and finally non type rated. I didn't apply at the 320 only stage as I wanted to try long haul but by the time a job offer came around for me, there was no choice but the 320 anyway. I nearly didn't accept based on that and from what I know now that would have been a major mistake. As much as people complain about the fleet, it has far more variety than my previous job and plenty of flexibility. There are guys with Heathrow commands coming up after 3 or 4 years in the company and rumours that they may need to open a supplementary bid to fill more spaces.

Some people had the feeling that long haul courses were being offered to get more applications through the post, and they certainly got mine because of that, once you've invested your time in the whole
process it's hard to turn down a job. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a little bit of that going on now, some of my old colleagues at Easyjet are certainly more interested in applying.

BA are going through one of the biggest recruitment drives ever, they haven't been able to offer any part time in this years bid due to lack of Pilots. Seniority on the 320 is moving like nobody's business. I wouldn't be too concerned with falling out of the hold pool if you've been successful but don't meet long haul requirements, it is highly likely that the 320 training capacity is maxed out but it's a matter of time before they need more folks on the fleet.

I think this campaign will continue onward for some time!