PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2015, 16:36
Keeping Dreaming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Last year I applied for DEP, passed day 1 testing at Waterside with a call back less than 6 hours after leaving, sailed through the interview & group exercise and before I knew it I was booked in for a simulator assessment less than 3 weeks after submitting my online application.

I thought the simulator assessment went fine but a couple of restless days later I got the email I was dreading...I had been unsuccessful! The email did however offer me feedback which I jumped at and just a few weeks later I received the call. The feedback all seemed very positive, a few minor points here and there but I was told I missed out by the very skin of my teeth.

I decided to have another go this year, I submitted my application and got the invitation to day 1 again. I launched into preparing myself for the tests and went off to Waterside, all seemed to go ok on the day and I came out quietly confident. After an anxious 4 day wait I received an email stating ‘after careful consideration it has been decided not to take my application any further’ to say I was gutted was an understatement.

I really cannot understand what went so disastrously wrong in 12 months, I asked for feedback but received a polite reply saying that due to high volumes of applications they would not be able to accommodate my request.

I am guessing that every application is assessed without any reference to any previous attempts; it was nice to experience the whole selection process for myself but very disappointing that I was unsuccessful so early on in the second attempt.

I wish all of those in the current recruitment drive the best of luck.