PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR On Top: What the hell for?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2003, 09:28
Spodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us hope Grot's 17th post can raise the standard, try a few cutting "Oh yeah?" messages if you can't come up with an opinion you half wit.

Yes Maaate, tracks & tracks.... erm, I don't remember which I meant, but think of this; which of the following has the most implications from duty of care?

1. IFR vs VFR on top - Skies are blue, aircraft involved have windows. Confliction in E airspace.

2. IFR vs IFR - Skies are blue, aircraft involved have windows. Confliction in G airspace.

Why should I be more worried about 1 than 2? I at least have confirmation that one of the aircraft in 1 is in VMC. Besides, I'm much more likely to be worried about 3.

3. IFR vs IFR - Weather absolute crap, traffic passed but they aren't talking, radar tracks (sorry, symbols) about to merge. Confliction in enroute G airspace.

Not a problem in the home of the depleted uranium exporters, they would separate regardless of the class of airspace. But we don't seem to be implementing that, probably wouldn't have passed the traffic either after Stage 3.

Last edited by Spodman; 6th Jul 2003 at 09:38.