PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK XMAS ROSTER
Thread: EK XMAS ROSTER
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2015, 14:50
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rex, then we will agree to disagree, the definition defines what acclimatised is (taking the first sentence into account), nowhere does it say where, define where or indeed describe the locality, it merely states what it states. The second sentence explains how to become unacclimatised, again i.e. Finish a duty period outside a 2 HR time band.
It's not ambiguous, it's very clear.
Harry has it for once, the company assumes that after leave based on its OWN definition you will be unacclimatised , the fact of your acclimatised state or otherwise is defined specifically by the first sentence...and confirmed if you comply within the bounds of the second sentence. So if I fly off on leave to the UK in the summer, but return from Nice after 3 weeks, am I acclimatised or not? What say I spend 3 days in the UK then a night in France travelling and only have a night and a half in Dubai ? Or the other way around?
The answer is that's it's not workable to reasonably figure it out, and it's why the definition includes the words "duty period"

Last edited by Monarch Man; 25th Nov 2015 at 15:03.