PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK XMAS ROSTER
Thread: EK XMAS ROSTER
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2015, 14:48
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't this why the Company will assume you to be unacclimatised for ULR roster planning purposes up to 3 days after leave? You might have to travel back on your last day of leave but not anymore than that as the roster system should compensate by giving 2 days off plus the one after leave. If it doesn't, you'd have the right to get the duty removed or delayed as Rex did. Using your leave to begin the 'acclimatisation process' would violate the purpose and definition of leave. The Aussie Captain that was mentioned in an earlier example being removed probably used some of those extra days off to extend his leave.

I'm on the fence with this one. Dropp et all I agree with. That is how the rules are written and they're there to protect us from poor Company rostering. However, the Company are using this as a requirement for us to follow, something for which the rule was NOT intended.

Like the 60 minutes report, it's something you'll either decide to fight or accept. I would fight my corner after leave but after 5 days off in London.......? Probably not to be honest.

Harry