PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP not at the table in SAR Pilot Award ??
Old 24th Nov 2015, 07:17
rodney rude

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
604 rate closer to 140.

Led Zep and Icarus - I don't really wish to put a "fair" number on it. True 604 corporate has different demands - operate worldwide autonomously, permits, ground handling, accom, keep the boss happy, slot issues when the boss is late, late notice permits when the boss changes his mind, cargo issues (they always shop too much), permanent standby etc etc. There is a LOT more to corporate than an ignorant post earlier suggested ,ie fly boss to Maui for golf. So what is a true and fair rate for that?

Cobham - less hours, lots of unproductive waiting around, standbys at home, ie it's a lifestyle job, so maybe less pay. BUT, there are extra skills to learn and maintain - high speed low level, low speed low level, rescue quals (ie air drops), search pattern procedures. So maybe more pay deserved, pay shouldn't just be based on work hours.

So to compare a 604 SAR operation to a 604 corporate job - well it's not apples with apples. It's just the same machine.

What is a fair rate is up to an individual- if 130k to live an easy life suits you, then its a fair rate. If you want more dough for a 604 job, you will need to go corporate and suffer (or enjoy) all that comes with corporate command responsibilities.

I just really wanted to make the point that I'd love to get 180k on a 604, but I'm gunna need to go to Asia or the sandbox to get near that. And there I'll be damned lucky to get 350 as was quoted