PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2015, 21:48
Commuter0815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@1975

Sorry to disappoint you.

Well, fill out that form(as all of us did), invest 1 hour of your life and you will see if they put you in the holding pool. I went in there within 48 hrs, some widebody command on a old widebody, rest lots of command on medium jet. Plus 3000 FO medium jet. With that eperience I was for a while unsuitable to be a FO with EK, now it went down and I tried.

So, give it a shot. If not, then maybe anyway this company might be the wrong thing for you(never met someone who bothered filling out a application).

Regarding the EK interview. Well, I did it early 2000 already once(and yes, I did pass) but then decided to stick with my good old european airline. Unfortunately a bit later they folded(spare me the irony) and I had to start a very unpleasant journey through different airlines/operators. Eventually I ended up with QR which was probably the worst what could happen to me and I left them after a bit.

Comparing the old EK interview with QR there was not much of a difference, QR looked a bit less in CRM group plays. Sim in both was easy, most likely the easiest point in both interviews. The old EK (andQR) interview was not very hard, point.

I am curious if I will make it again if called in, it seems it changed a lot and requires actually some kind of preparation(as most interviews need nowadays).

I understand the need of the old guys to point out that their interview was much harder(it's just a human thing to show off to that newbees, right?) and that the new guys should just consider themself lucky that the requirements have been lowered that much over the past few years.

Well, no.

I did a lot of interviews and of course times change, so do the requirements. Sometimes there is a pilot shortage, sometimes the market was flooded with recruits. My first company changed their requirements all the time(as EK is doing it right now and over the past few years), sometimes you just needed to be able to piss in a straight line to join, then again they wanted university qualification, later that dropped again. A lot of other airlines did the same, it called adapting to the market. Of course, with that strategy, you have pilots with very different skill levels within the company.

I can understand that someone doing the same thing for 14 years(post, previous page) is tired of it. I am tired of my current employer doing a thing for a while now and we got tons(!!) of applications, at least that's what we hear on every official meeting with HR. See, it is everywhere the same. Take it or leave it(which seems as well the motto of my current employer). The market will regulate it(but unfortunately we got already to many of this P2Fly kids around everywhere).

Last edited by Commuter0815; 23rd Nov 2015 at 22:07.