PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2015, 05:37
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Promising' steps taken towards a rail link between station and terminal at Luton Airport | Luton on Sunday

A RAIL link between Luton Airport Parkway and the terminal building is looking 'promising', according to a spokesman for Luton-based airline easyJet.

Neil Slaven, Commercial Manager at easyJet spoke about a plan to create the link as a medium term plan between the airline and its home base at Luton.

Mr Slaven said: "There is definitely possibility of a mass transit rail link between the station and the terminal.

"I don't have any concrete details yet and the final say is out of our hands but the indications on progress we have been given are very promising.

"I feel this development would push Luton into the top tier for London Airports."

The plan was first mentioned in July as part of an expansion at the airport which would see annual passenger capacity jump from 12 million to 18m, with EasyJet keen to help.

Mr Slaven added: "Our growth at Luton is higher than most of our other airports.

"We're working very closely with Luton Airport to try and improve passenger experience at the airport and this would just be another step."

A spokeswoman for Luton Airport said: "We are examining all possible solutions to create a permanent fixed link between Luton Airport Parkway and the Terminal building.

"This work is ongoing alongside our activity to increase the number of fast train services from central London to Luton Airport Parkway from one to four.

"These developments will create a world-class rail link to the airport making it more accessible for the increasing numbers of passengers who are choosing to travel with us."

Read more: 'Promising' steps taken towards a rail link between station and terminal at Luton Airport | Luton on Sunday

The location of any potential station has been mentioned before. My bet would be the easyjet HQ but just look at those supersized pavements that will surround the bus station. I still can't grasp why the paved area is so big. Forward planning for the location of a Gatwick style monorail?

Last edited by LTNman; 22nd Nov 2015 at 19:14.