PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2015, 10:22
OttoMatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's quite funny to see how the pilot community can be so hypocritical sometimes. There's always a lot of moaning about people who do self sponsored type ratings and P2F takers and how they are ruining the industry for everyone else. Now the same people tell the turboproppers and others who worked their way up without taking financial shortcuts that they shouldn't moan when someone who effectively did just that passed them in the queue to potentially the best job in the business. I'm not saying that the takers of self sponsored ratings did anything wrong but it would be nice if everyone else could pick a side and at least stick to it?

For the recruitment process it self, people on here keep repeating the mantra of "their train set, their rules" to which I fully agree. However, the recruitment process is de facto their rules for letting someone join and now they are not following their own rules by letting people retake parts not only on day one but also day two and sim sessions. I agree that day one is quite arbitrary in many ways, but it also shows a bit who has been preparing and worked for it IMHO. I'm all for the fact that they have to check costs, otherwise you can't survive in todays cutthroat world but when they are breaking their own rules I think we could all be allowed to have a bit of a moan if we're victims of it, especially when there are so many people moaning about not getting their preferred fleet or their preferred trips.