PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 TRTOs in USA
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2015, 18:56
Vc10Tail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Valmont
VC10, I've been in contact with all of them and to be honest Aerosim seems to be the most professional.
I'm looking for an A320 PIC Express Type Rating as I've more than 500h on the A320 using another ICAO licence. I'm looking for a training partner, would you by any chance be in the same position ?

Regards
Hallo Valmont.Apologies for late reply. I did extensive research and have to agree that Aerosim, followed by Aerostar provide the best quality A320 training.They own their sims.FTI rents but they get you through the fastest and cheapest.Pan Am are the most flexible and if doing a combi CTP /ATP then type rating..better do it at Pan Am or Aerostar. Aerosim and Aerostar a little Money minded though provide best ground school support with Aerosim #1 on one on one training but will cost 2 grand more to train without partner.Pam Am is most responsive even if sounding unfriendly at times.They dont charge you if you are late late in joining your training from ctp atp..they help to with sim partners.other places you might have to cough up $$$.As far as repute panam had mixed reviews from thise that went there ( good n bad). Its facilities are more basic. So if in a rush and have dobe your homework.. Go to FTI. If you have $8k to spare for quality training go Aerosim..Aerostar takes Silver and Pan Am bronze.Pan Am have improved on their sims.They are all level D now. Before they used to let you ride on level C and provide its big latin american airline customers with level D. So if budget constrained and not rushed Pan Am offers best value for money bit you will not get a very attendtive training compared to Aerosim or Aerostar. For you and your 500 hr on type Valmont, you can buy the ipad CBT from Aerosim but do your training at FTI.Is the PIC Express the reduced training for those with experience in type? I did the A320 training 5 years ago but never flew so I would rather go the FTI way Also for budget. Aerosim expensive and too regimented even with type if visa you should have. Am working on my visa but dont think I will take the American option for now.I want to convert to EASA and perhaps ride a line training deal. Looks like EASA gets jobs easier outdide USA compared yo any other license...but to get it...
Its a sweat job even if you have foreign ATPL with jet experience.Not for the faint hearted.

Last edited by Vc10Tail; 21st Nov 2015 at 04:01. Reason: syntax error