PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 6 seater a/c crash Somerset
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2015, 09:19
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SF

I personally think it is healthy for pilots to speculate on What COULD have happened because with the accident fresh in our minds it makes us more open to consider what mistakes or aircraft failures MIGHT have lead to a crash like this and hopefully avoid a similar situation ourselves.

To state anything as fact is a different matter as that would be WRONG but to discuss the possibilities can only be positive. Like all of these accidents when the AAIB reports are complete the incident has gone to the back of our minds from the initial horror. Its the initial horror! There for the grace of God go I which makes us open to take note

The Malibu did have a spate of accidents when it was first released and I believe it was limited to VFR flight only for a short time.
the Cirrus too has a comprehensive training schedule in place as that too was having more than its fair share of accidents
We are all probably aware of the V tail Bonanza known as the Doctor Killer

All of them are relatively fast complex aircraft and many wealthier individuals jumped straight from the PA28 or Cessna 172s into these faster less forgiving aircraft without the currency on type or experience and detailed knowledge hence the more rigorous training demanded by the insurance companies

It was not the aircraft at fault but the pilots flying them in the majority of cases

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 19th Nov 2015 at 10:29.