PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 6 seater a/c crash Somerset
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2015, 22:44
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I gathered he stated that this was a new toy and he needed to learn to fly it but that was 2 years ago so I am sure he would have had some experience by now.
you don't buy a Mirage without an IR as its a pressurised single designed to fly in the high teens.
My guess is that he would have held an FAA IR but would have had relatively low hours.
You don't buy a Mirage for low level VFR flight but make use of its TAS high level

N reg with an FAA IR you would file IFR in UK airspace. On short runs and the fact that the Mirage is not the best climber on the planet it would probably fly IFR OCAS at 3000 to 7000 feet with a cloud break over a known point for the position flight or he tried to fly VFR under the clouds never a good option in bad weather close to the ground.
Again there would be radar traces and altitude readouts as well as RT communication recorded
i believe it was windy that day and reaching low level possible wind shear. take the transition from instrument flight to visual flight confusuion and maybe incorrect speed for the conditions while looking into the gloom for the airfield and its easy to see how a stall may occur

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 18th Nov 2015 at 23:23.