PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2015, 18:35
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I mentioned anywhere that time served meant you were better or worse than anyone else.

The one thing these guys all have is a seniority number a track record within BA and an investment in the company. If you don't agree with the way we do things then don't come.

The truth is this. Pilots on SH with valid bids are having their career aspirations suppressed. Yes it's temporary and in our system they will be more senior than the new guys on LH so it will balance out in time.

BA has a way of working and when you join you accept that. You start at the bottom and work your way up. That gives you the right to then prove you are suitable for a position, not the right to that position. Many of these guys getting held on the bus have spent years close to or at the bottom taking the the crap. Now it's turning around these same guys are being excluded from the benefits. It is then when you hear about new guys just in or guys yet to join talking about being miffed that you can't help but . Yes you will say how hard it's been elsewhere but we are not talking about elsewhere we are talking about here. DEP onto LH is only supposed to occur when there are a lack of suitable internal candidates. That is not the case. There is a problem with training capacity and finding enough Airbus pilots of a suitable standard to BA to allow these guys to move fleet.

De furmo in flammam. Please do come air your views on our way of doing things in the crew room. I am sure it will be listened to with great interest