PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 6 seater a/c crash Somerset
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2015, 20:01
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
i was thinking the same ever since when i first saw the bigger photos on the link

Kathryn's Report: Piper PA-46-350P Malibu Mirage, WWSL Inc Trustee/Whitespace Work Software Ltd, N186CB: Fatal accident occurred November 14, 2015 near Churchinford, Somerset, England

perhaps the pilot in vain maybe was looking for a field to put down in and wanted to get the speed down as low as possible for a crash land?

all i know that living only some miles away is that the weather on Saturday was not much different to that what is happening today (same time too)

its howling and lashing with very low cloud <500m and vis below about 2000m - i live on high ground

a complete tragedy - would his departure station Fairoaks not have given him as what seems a very novice pilot with a new plane some hint that its not a good idea to go or do they not have that remit to say anything???
Yes it is a tragedy. The victims have been named, see link below.

Tributes to Birmingham family killed in Somerset plane crash - Birmingham Mail

The above report describes the pilot as an amateur. The family of four were heading for their grand daughters birthday party. It does make one question as to why by air on a day when weather conditions were less than ideal.
Would anyone hinted about going flying on that day, who knows. Perhaps all that can be said is that the decision is down to the private owner pilot. But what an awful price to pay if it proved to be wrong. Sadly am sure some of us looking back at the club scenes can recall many who tragically proved wrong.