PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2015, 19:42
WHBM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by BAladdy
Nice - Flights will increase from up to 9 x weekly in S15 to up to 12 x weekly during S16.
What chances for Nice to go year round, now it's double daily in the summer ? We have business contacts on the Riviera who when coming to London use LCY for its convenience in the 8 months it operates, but drop back, believe it or not, to Easyjet at Gatwick in the winter.

Personally think having two airlines on the lcy-bhd route would be an over
kill and flybe probably bow out first leaving higher fares with BA flyer which
would kill off the leisure traffic leaving business loads only.
Maybe so, but Flybe only have themselves to blame. I've used the BHD route a couple of times now, and used to be more regular when Scot Airways operated it as part of Cityjet, but the Flybe product is not really a business calibre one suited to the LCY market. There's no provided catering, and the pay-on-board is so poor that I just skip it, and go into the Costa in BHD on arrival. For all that the BA breakfast may be derided, if you've been up since 0430 to get the flight it's very welcome, along with a drink on the evening flight home. Not really LCY market service standards. Furthermore, when I get to my meeting in Belfast, as soon as I say I came on Flybe there's a race for who can be first to say "you mean Fly Maybe". Actually they have never let me down, but it's an unfortunate reputation to have in your core market at the other end of the route, and I'm aware that the Q400 has had a long period of mechanical issues with them.

Cityflyer crews are worked hard as you saw on the Palma flight , this also
extends to the Ibiza, and Malaga flights ... The bucket and spade routes
need a third crew member onboard but cityflyer management are 100% against it
I agree absolutely, especially as (by their accents) it sounds like an Edinburgh crew in the middle of a 4-sector day. You must be zonked at the end of it.

Last edited by WHBM; 16th Nov 2015 at 20:31.