PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I really don't think this forum works
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2015, 12:49
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find that accidents, in whatever size or role of aircraft often tend to have common themes. I certainly agree that a fan letting go on an A380 jet has no relevance in GA world, but discussion on how the crew dealt with it might.

Accidents are frequently the result of decision making (not so good, or at least better than the worse outcome), and I think that discussing the pilot decision making can be very enlightening for everyone.

Some newer pilots who find themselves in this corner of PPRuNe are aspiring to bigger things, so taking a broad spectrum of tribal knowledge with them can't be bad. As this forum is in the "Non Airline Forums" group, it seems to not intend to attract the "big" commercial or military events, but to me, everything else probably has merit.

I think of the Shoreham Hunter crash. In my opinion, the type of aircraft involved was much less a factor than the underlying factors - its size just cut a larger swath, and its legacy drew attention. Letting a loop go wrong (if that was the cause) can happen in many smaller types, and the disciplines of public performance flying should be on the mind of most GA pilots.

I'm pleased with the A&CC forum....