PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Contract Compliance
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2015, 23:43
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
The FAU has a major issue that a few hundred KA office staff were given priority 25 on Cx based on KA DOJ.
But they've an even bigger issue that a few thousand cabin crew may get the same benefit. It's not just the travel. The FAU were concerned random DOJ Cx would be used in future promotions, basings, etc. And the concerns do have some merit. How many DOJ's can one individual have to one organisation?
I think you guys are making stuff up as you go along.

KA's regional expansion over the CX network with more likely to come was a suspected trigger for this universal Corporate scheme.

Like ACMS, you can go with the wind on principles and feign a concern for commuters, but if the situation considered practically and with regards to demographics, CX staff are the biggest winners.

Only expat pilot commuting has been considered not surprisingly. But what of regional commuting which seems to be dominated by CX cabin crew? I'd expect a growing demand from cockpit crew too, as the cost of living inflation continues to hum along at higher than reported levels for professional expats without housing.

Nothing surprises me here and my expectations met so I am not as furious as some. Broken promises, foolish hand shake deals and a race to the bottom aided by the swagger of legacy pilots. That's all expected. What does shake the confidence is a needless and mismanaged drive to industrial action over something that I don't think was asked for.