PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Humour (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2003, 19:34
An2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A rather long one, but….here goes….

I was visiting the twr at ESxx (a quiet little airport in Sweden) one evening in april 2001. Darkness was creeping in on us, when the evening ScandinavianCommuter Dash8 called in.
He asked for, and was cleared for the Visual 27. After a while we could spot him coming in from the south.
The cockpit-dane in charge of the radio that night (probably the Cap.) came on the air;

SC: - "Twr, SCxxx – Lights on, please "
The twr-guy looks at me, as if , since the lights had been on for a while.
TWR: - "SCxxx, Twr – Lights are on"
By now he had gotten so close, that he should've been able to see the runway.
SC: - "Twr, SCxxx – Lights 100%, please" (His voice is starting to sound irritated.)
TWR: - "Lights 100%, …..there you go!" (…tower-guy, shaking his head.)
SC: - "Twr, SCxxx – Please check and verify: Lights on 100%" (…with a tone implying that the twr-guy is some sort of retard!)
TWR: - "SCxxx, twr – Checked and verified" (…as we're both looking at the rwy, lit-up like a christmas tree.)
The Dash is getting really close now,…..well within 15 degrees from final.
SC: - "Twr, SCxxx – I need those rwy-lights,…PLEASE!!!" (Voice getting agitated…)
Twr-guy being fed up with this cr*p, replies…
- "SCxxx, Twr – Check: Ray-Bans OFF!"
A moment of silence follows…..
SC: - "Uuuhhhh….OK………...sorry…………dim lights, please"

They made the turn (really late and kind of steep) and landed safely, after which the twr-guy started ventilating his feelings on SC/SAS crews to me. He then had the captain on the phone, and………well, you know!! He mainly used the kind of words that would show up as on this board.

Makes me everytime I think of it....