PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2015, 15:11
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the redevelopment work, what's the deal with the short term car park, and specifically the bit used by the meet & greet companies (for off-airport parking) - is it chaotic or does it work?

A meet and greet company called Swift (they might use other names as well) uses the short term car park for meeting customers and a location for dropping cars off. After their old pitch was closed due to redevelopment work they have just moved their umbrella to the left hand side of the short term car park as you drive through the barrier.

This is just my personal opinion based on observations but this is the last company I would use. This is based on the age and demeanor of the drivers they employ who will whisk your car away to an unknown location. Also when you arrive back there is every chance your car won't be there waiting for you so if it is raining you will get wet. You will then have to pay an exit fee to get out of the car park which is why they don't want to leave cars there longer than they have to.

I would trust the airports own meet and greet service as their drivers all seem to be older and mature, they operate from a portocabin and not under an umbrella, your car will be waiting for you and the car is parked around 300m away usually in the central area in a fenced off area.

Last edited by LTNman; 12th Nov 2015 at 15:30.