PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2015, 03:56
compton3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOME OBSERVATIONS

Flew Gib-Luton on 27 October with Monarch, aircraft almost full, landed at Luton 35 minutes early. Noticed the walkways have been painted in pastel shades and posters of landmarks on the walls as well, a distinct improvement. Straight through border control and no bags so walked to taxi rank - a bit of a trek but well signposted.
Return flight mid afternoon 4 November. Checked in early not many people in check-in area, proceeded to security - wow - it is huge. This was where I can see problems - after putting bag etc on rack for scanning then two lots of passengers are funnelled into one scanning area for humans; it was a bit chaotic with some people trying to jump ahead of others - did not seem enough staff on duty. What it is going to be like when it gets really busy again I shudder.
Then you funnell your way to departures because of the building work where I could not believe the amount of people travelling on a Wednesday in November. Usual seat problem - hope that will be resolved when alterations are completed although the airport does not want passengers to sit down they are not spending money then. Flight left on time arrived Gib 25 minutes early. Seemed very strange not to see the old Signature hangars by the North West corner but told concrete already be poured for the new building.
Overall not too bad but that security area needs a bit of tweeking.