PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another day another delay in the Chilcot Report - Beeb
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 22:50
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Hangarshuffle, as I said before, I don't dispute your take on the grip of the establishment on any meaningful investigation of wrongdoing by governments of any persuasion.

I think you miss the point about Chilcot though, by suggesting that the right wing press are to blame. It would have a field day if he were to state that the Labour Government of Bliar had sent us to war deliberately on a false prospectus. It is not the press but the establishment that covers up the sins of governments of any hue, "in the interests of the State". As Sir Humphrey repeatedly and patiently explained to Hacker, it is he and not Jim that is in charge!

That is the system that has to be changed, in the interests of we the people. Now that really does smack of insurrection! It's going to take time, but information is far more readily available now, and the opportunities to suppress it becoming ever more difficult. Dylan might have written a song or two about it...