PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP not at the table in SAR Pilot Award ??
Old 29th Oct 2015, 08:49
HulaBula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember a meeting in Darwin in 2006 where the NJS Pilot Committee told us "you've all got to join the TWU WA."

The chairperson told us about his new mate at the TWU WA, Rick Burton. He was a smart guy too. A bit too smart maybe. Here he is in the witness box at the Royal Commission into trade union governance and corruption, explaining how he wrote a letter to himself to authorise himself a pay rise.

I like the bit where if he had any questions, he invited himself to contact himself and discuss them with himself! Smart guy!

Secrets then, secret deals now it seems.

Stealing members? Stolen from, more like. You'd be lucky to find more than 40 paid-up TWU member out of 400+ Cobham drivers IMHO. At $1/day thats nowhere near repaying that $150,000 old mate spent on importing and converting that F350 to RHD. Disgraceful.

Sure you don't have to like a union or join a union. I've stayed AFAP and I can see where every $$ of my AFAP subs are spent. It has 3000 pilot members not 30 or 300, so it has money to spend on looking out for pilots. Its run by pilots, the Finance committee are all men and women you can meet, and they present all members with a clean and detailed set of audited accounts every year.

And you haven't seen an AFAP officer in one of these when on 'union business'!:P

Last edited by HulaBula; 29th Oct 2015 at 10:00.