PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2015, 01:57
Avenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very questionable attitude guys, play the ball, not the player..This is a forum, it does not mean everyone has to agree.. what is " acceptable" depends on individual circumstances, NLH seem to have plenty of applicants that know the score beforehand and one assumes they also find this " acceptable" . The pay is about 70 percent of my current pay, however, taking into account living overseas as opposed to a no mortgage house at home, not paying to store cars etc, it works out the same. With an existing FSP, anything above this is taxed at a high rate in any event. Of course, there are much younger skippers that need more money, but once again, personal choice. People like me to do "drag the industry standards down", in reality we probably raise them as our focus is towards professional standards and safe operations not simply pocket deep issues. Of course, I expect incoming flak, but I would rather fly with a contented lower paid individual than a flogged soldier constantly complaining about their lot. Personal sacrifices are made taking into account the big picture and I am happy to drive a 5 year old banger rather than the latest model BMW. Unfortunately, for some, success in this industry is not measured by what you have achieved, more by what you can buy..or afford to buy..helmet on!