PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2015, 16:37
twentyyearstoolate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any B787 Capt that could shed light on approximate take home each month? Living in UK paying UK tax?

I don't work there, but the take home pay will be 4960 pounds (for a Captain) if you are married. This was using a tax calculator online.

it works out about 5k to 5.5 K a month after UK Tax, which, I think is reasonable, other astronauts may feel different, but that's their choice

If you think this is "reasonable" based in one of the most expensive cities in the world, then good luck to you. We're all entitled to our opinions. With a family, renting a house in any of the suburbs within reasonable distance will cost you a fair chunk of your net pay.

If you think I'm an Astronaut for wanting/thinking the package should be significantly more, well then, I'm Neil Armstrong. Because I think it should be more, a lot more!! I mean, it's not even a permanent job FFS I'd get laughed at trying to get a loan. By nature, contracts should pay more due to the temporary nature/lack of job security.

No wonder the industry has gone to the dogs with what is considered as reasonable by some here.

Some guys on great pensions from legacy carriers I have met, always seem happy to "top up their pension" with some of these gigs. To them it's ok, as its "fun money". They don't give a rats about guys earning this money as their sole income. They have not a clue about reality for the younger guys that didn't catch the gravy train.

Stay away from flight school kids!!!! My son decided to be an Electrician, and I'm just so happy he won't be joining this crap circus. Tradesman over a future as an airline pilot. Easy choice these days I think.